Monday, July 16, 2007

Pizza Chicken Italiano

One of my most frequently prepared dishes. I classify this in the Really Useful and Great for Kids categories. I making this frequently when I take meals to families at a time of death, illness, birth of a baby, etc. Kids who dislike the usual casserole-type dishes often love this! It's easy, and, if you're like me and get the big bag of frozen chicken breasts from Sam's, you usually have all the ingredients on hand.
  • 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1/2 onion, minced (or 1 tablespoon dried)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 teaspoon dried)
  • 1.5 teaspoons oregano
  • 1 teaspoon parsley
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4-6 slices mozzarella cheese
Place chicken in lightly greased casserole dish. Combine sauce with all ingredients except cheese, pour over chicken. Top with cheese slices. Bake at 425 degrees for 35 minutes.

No comments: