- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- several sprigs flat leaf parsley
- several sprigs fresh dill
- 5 cups chicken broth, hot (I used turkey broth from a recent breast I roasted... it worked great!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Melt butter in skillet, saute onions and cucumbers with pepper until tender and onions are translucent. Sprinkle with flour and cook for 1 minute. Transfer to soup pan and add broth, salt and spices. Heat until boiling, then cover, reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Cool in pan, then puree in blender with sour cream, lemon juice and milk. Chill several hours.